Smart Bluetooth Headset v1.976 (Paid)
Smart Bluetooth Headset
Overview: The first and only app that lets you remap the buttons of your Bluetooth headset!
The first and only app that lets you remap the buttons of your Bluetooth headset!
Control your phone from your headset with the new app Smart Headset Assistant: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yado.sbh2
Please help to translate the app in your language: https://poeditor.com/join/project/NEACfPnAVC
Try the FREE version before buying this one :)
Please rate, comment and contact me BY EMAIL if you have any problems with the app or want to request a new feature (communication does not work so well with comments) =)
Most Bluetooth headsets have buttons which can only do 2 things - call last dialed number and start voice command. Both are pretty useless. Using SmartBluetoothHeadset (SBH) you can remap the buttons of your Bluetooth headset to do more useful things - like controlling a media player, telling you the time or starting a voice assistant! This way you can play/pause and rewind your music or audiobook or control your phone from your bluetooth headset!
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on (or vice versa) on the first run of this app in order to initialize it correctly. You only need to do this once.
- Remember to turn off bluetooth before uninstalling this app in order to finalize it correctly.
- Play/pause and rewind a media player using your Bluetooth headset buttons
- Say time (using a pre-installed text-to-speech (TTS) engine)
- Start a voice assistant using your Bluetooth headset buttons
- Tasker integration!
- Quickly switch remapping on and off to place calls or use a voice dialer Now phone calls are possible even when remapping is active!
- Quickly switch the controlled media player
- Automatically turn off Bluetooth after headset disconnect to save energy and fuss
Known issues and permissions
The functionality of this app is not supported natively by Android. Therefore it uses several workarounds.
- There will be a "" or "1" entry in your phone log when the app is active. Ignore it, it will be deleted on headset disconnect. It makes it possible to make phone calls even when remapping is active. (This requires the "reroute outgoing calls", "read call log" and "write call log" permission).
- Play/pause resp. rewind might not work at every Bluetooth headset key press and there will be a delay of 3-5 seconds. This is an Android issue :(
- Fixed horrible bug where calls were made impossible.
- Reduced remapping delay significantly!
- Fixed problem when preferences screen reappeared on headset action
- Added option to browse and buy headsets